The following policies, which adhere to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Department of Health (DOH) guidance, are in place at all HPM facilities:
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Social Distancing & Sanitation
- All high-contact or high-touch areas, including door handles and counters, are sanitized every thirty (30) minutes or after each use. Customer register counters and credit card terminals are sanitized between each transaction.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at all registers and customer service counters to reduce exposure.
- Policies require the access to and use of hand sanitizers and hand washing to prevent virus spread. Hand sanitizer dispensers are available in all HPM stores and offices.
- Social distancing protocols are adhered to the fullest extent possible. HPM is asking all persons to maintain a minimum of six feet of physical separation.
- As a new curb-side service, customers can now call in an order, remain in their vehicle, and their purchase will be brought to them. Please contact your nearest Hawaii island HPM store for details and to place your phone order.
- Employees who are ill are directed to remain at home and not report to work. This is regardless if symptoms are COVID-19 in nature or not. We are committed to reducing the spread of all contagious illnesses in order to have a healthier work environment.
- Employees participate in a pre-shift text message screening process that alerts supervisors and managers to possible COVID-19 related concerns and prevent workplace access if risk exists.
- All employees have been provided with face coverings and are required to wear their face coverings with all activities that may present with close contact exposures. Employees who are unable to wear a face covering due to medical conditions are allowed to use a face shield as an alternative barrier.
Testing & Response
- All possible or suspect COVID-19 incidents are investigated and proactive and preventative actions taken as well as contact is established and maintained with the Department of Health. We take every suspected case very seriously and err on the side of caution to ensure the safety of our team and our community.
- Appropriate facility cleaning and sanitizing, including the use of commercial contract services, any areas of concern for positive cases. This action has also been done proactively and in consultation with our local government and Department of Health authorities.
- We support and assist with providing COVID-19 testing for our employees and are currently working with authorities on the availability of vaccines for our employees.