At HPM Building Supply, we are actively monitoring the news on the COVID-19 pandemic, and we are committed to keeping you informed through our website, email and social media. This page will be updated as the situation changes.
LAST UPDATED ON MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020 AT 5:00 P.M.
It has been recently mandated that, as of Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 12:01 a.m., everyone within the State of Hawaii Stay at Home to protect our communities during this unprecedented situation. Please follow the State of Hawaii instructions for your and our community's health and safety. During this time, the State has taken steps to continue to ensure basic necessities are available. Therefore, we have been deemed as an "essential business." This means that all HPM locations remain fully operational and all stores are observing normal business hours.
During this time, the State has taken steps to continue to ensure basic necessities are available while protecting the health and safety of us all. HPM locations remain open during normal business hours to supply essential materials.
- All locations (Hilo, Kona, Waimea, Keaau) are fully operational and observing normal business hours.
- Customers are encouraged to phone in their orders for will-call pick-up or to schedule a delivery. As a new curb-side service, customers can now call in an order, remain in their vehicle, and their purchase will be brought to them. Please contact your nearest Hawaii island HPM store for details and to place your phone order.
- Seniors (age 60 years and above), their accompanying caregiver or assisting family member, and other high risk and immunocompromised members of our community are invited to shop during a Reserved Shopping Hour every Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Kapaa and Lawai locations are operating during normal business hours.
- In adherence to Mayor Kawakami’s Emergency Rule #5, delivery to job sites is available only for essential maintenance and repairs, building materials for affordable housing projects, and/or construction related to response and recovery.
- Kapolei location is fully operational and observing normal business hours.
Across all of our stores and locations, we are taking proactive steps to minimize risk to customers and owner-employees, including:
- Enacting heightened cleaning practices on top of our daily cleaning procedures, including regularly disinfecting shopping carts, shopping baskets, checkout counters and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Placing hand sanitizer dispensers in stores and offices.
- Adhering to social distancing protocols to the fullest extent possible and asking all persons to maintain a minimum of six feet of physical separation.
- Keeping our owner-employees up to date on the latest best practices being recommended by the CDC, including requiring sick team members to stay home and restricting all business travel. We encourage our community to do the same and to take care of themselves first.
- Offering a new work-from-home policy for as many owner-employees as possible.
- Cancelling all scheduled events until further notice.